Press release – Bank of Slovenia will contribute EUR 43 million of its surplus from 2016 to the state budget
The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia adopted a decision regarding the distribution of the surplus generated by the Bank of Slovenia in 2016 in the amount of EUR 57.3 million.
In accordance with Articles 50 and 50a of the Bank of Slovenia Act, at least 25% of the Bank of Slovenia’s surplus is contributed to the state budget, while the remainder is transferred to the Bank of Slovenia’s general reserves. In agreement with the Ministry of Finance, the Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia decided to contribute 75% of last year’s surplus in the amount of EUR 43.0 million to the state budget, while the remaining 25% or EUR 14.3 million will be transferred to the Bank of Slovenia’s general reserves.
The aforementioned decision represents the continuation of the practice of recent years, during which time the Bank of Slovenia has contributed at least 75% of the surplus of revenue over expenses annually to the state budget, as evident from the table below. In the last five years alone, the Bank of Slovenia has contributed a total of nearly EUR 300 million to the state budget.
Amounts in EUR million
|Year||Surplus of the Bank of Slovenia||Statutory contributions to state budget (25%)||Contribution to state budget|