Decisions adopted by the Governing Board on the occasion of its 331st regular meeting on 4 May 2006
At its 331st meeting today, the Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia debated and approved the Monetary Policy Report, which Mitja Gaspari, the Governor of the Bank of Slovenia, will present in detail at a press conference to be held at 11 am on 8 May on the first floor of the Bank of Slovenia building.
The Governing Board has issued Banka Sparkasse (currently being established) with the authorisation to provide banking and other financial services, as follows:
- accepting deposits and extending loans for its own account
- issuing warranties and other guarantees
- lending, including consumer loans, mortgage loans and financing for commercial deals
- trading in foreign legal tender, including currency-exchange transactions
- collecting, analysing and disseminating information about the creditworthiness of legal entities
- issuing and operating other payment instruments (e.g. payment cards, credit cards, traveller’s cheques and bankers’ drafts)
- brokering loan and credit deals (including financial leasing)
- providing payment services
The Governing Board has issued Kärtner Sparkasse AG of Neuer Platz 14, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria with an authorisation to directly or indirectly acquire a qualifying holding of 50% or more of the voting rights or capital of Banka Sparkasse d.d. (currently being established) of Cesta v Kleče 15, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia. The parent bank has decided to convert its Ljubljana branch into a subsidiary bank.
The Governing Board has issued Mr Josef Laussegger and Mr Marko Bošnjak with an authorisation to hold office as a member of the management board of Banka Sparkasse d.d. (currently being established). They will be appointed members of the management board on the day that the bank is established.
The Governing Board has issued its approval for the release of a collection of coins minted in 2006, including all the general circulation coins and the 500-tolar commemorative coin to be released to mark the 250th anniversary of the birth of the playwright Anton Tomaž Linhart.