Meeting of the Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia of 7 September 2010
1. The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia adopted the following regulations :
- the Regulation on the Conditions to be Met by Banks' Credit Intermediaries. The Bank of Slovenia will publish links on its website to the websites of commercial banks, where data regarding their credit intermediaries will be published; and
- the Regulation Amending the Regulation on Reporting the Effective Interest Rates of Banks and Savings Banks in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act.
2. The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia discussed current economic and financial developments, and approved the release of the Report on Economic and Financial Developments for July and August 2010 and the Report on Slovenia's Economic Relations with the Rest of the World for June 2010. The Governing Board concluded that the current positive economic and financial developments in Slovenia are the result of the global and European recovery.
3. The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia discussed current operations of banks, developments on the capital markets, and developments in the area of interest rates. The Governing Board of the Bank of Slovenia noted that financing is primarily targeting sectors of the economy where excessive growth in loans and over-indebtedness was experienced in the past. Therefore, balance sheet restructuring is not being addressed quickly enough in these sectors. This is also reflected by movements in housing and real estate prices, and stagnation in the number of transactions. Such bank policies thus hinder the raising of loans, primarily by SMEs, and for prospective projects in the manufacturing and services sectors.